Jump to recipe and more…
These types of recipes are great because they’re infinitely riff-able!
You can swap out the meat, veggies, greens and seasonings for basically anything and end up with a completely different dinner/cuisine each time!
Don’t like rosemary? Try some curry powder! Not a fan of mint? Swap it for chives! Feel free to make this recipe your own!
The real secret here is in the timing—but you’ll be able to pull it off blindfolded after you follow the instructions the first time around!
If you decide to cook more delicate meats like chicken breast or pork tenderloin, pull them off of the sheet tray a little sooner than the veggies so they don’t overcook!
Simple sheet pan dinner packed with flavor and healthy veggies!
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 medium turnips, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 3 sprigs rosemary, picked/torn
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 2 tablespoons healthy oil/fat
- 1 5.3-ounce (150 gram) container full fat Greek yogurt
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach (can sub baby arugula or baby kale)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Season and toss turnips, carrots, garlic and chicken thighs with salt, pepper, oil/fat and picked rosemary on an oiled sheet pan (tuck garlic under a chicken thigh so it doesn’t burn in the oven).
- Arrange chicken skin-side-up surrounded by veggies then roast for 35-40 minutes (or until chicken skin is browned, see notes).
- Meanwhile, roughly chop mint and grate lemon zest on top. Mix together yogurt and lemon juice (you can also blend these ingredients in a food processor).
- Remove chicken and vegetables from oven (see notes) then scatter the baby spinach (or other greens) on top and gently toss to lightly wilt and dress it in the residual roasting juices.
- Pick out the garlic and finely chop together with the mint and lemon zest. Mix with the yogurt mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, top with yogurt sauce and enjoy!
Net carbs: 9.3
You can broil the chicken and vegetables for the last 5 minutes or so if the chicken skin isn’t quite browned enough (just keep a close on eye them so they don’t burn).
Want extra crispy skin? Sear the chicken thighs skin-side-down in a nonstick pan after they come out of the oven (just before serving)!
Swap the carrots and turnips for less sweet vegetables if you want to limit net carbs in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto sheet pan dinner, chicken recipe, low carb chicken recipe
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!