Jump to recipe and more…
This is a perfect example of what I like to eat during the week when I actually feel like cooking a proper meal from start to finish.
It doesn’t take long to pull off, but it’s got just enough prep to scratch my cooking itch.
A quick sauce makes the steak extra luxurious and the gremolata (fancy Italian word for chopped herbs and pickles like capers) is a great spin on plain old broccoli.
With a single pan and straightforward timing, you can pull this off in 30 minutes no problem!
Feel free to swap the vegetable and meat out with whatever you’d like (maybe a nice fatty piece of salmon with asparagus)!
If you’re serving a crowd, it’s best to buy thicker steaks instead of more steaks so you can still fit them in one pan (just allow more time for cooking).
A fresh and simple one-pan meal perfect for weeknights!
- 2 medium broccoli crowns
- 2 thick New York strip steaks (16-ounces each)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Healthy oil/fat (for searing)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and take beef out of fridge. Cut broccoli into medium-size florets. Finely chop together garlic, parsley, capers and lemon zest.
- Heat oil/fat in a large, oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Once oil is shimmering and just starting to smoke, sear steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side. Flip once more then transfer pan to oven and cook for 8 minutes or until medium rare (about 120-125°F internal temp)—flipping again halfway through.
- Remove steak from oven and transfer to a plate. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and let rest in a warm spot.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add in broccoli. Toss the broccoli to coat in residual oil/fat then transfer to oven and roast for 12-15 minutes (or until just tender).
- Meanwhile, make a quick sauce by mixing together melted butter, Dijon and balsamic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove broccoli from oven and toss with the finely chopped capers, lemon zest, parsley and garlic (AKA the gremolata). Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slice steak into portions and serve with broccoli and sauce.
Net carbs: 8.4g
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: one pan dinner, new york strip recipe, keto dinner
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!