Vegetable medleys and steam-in-the-bag sides seem to take up more of frozen food isles every year!
Unfortunately, most of them aren’t actually that healthy—not just in terms of their carb content, but also from an ingredient perspective.
But since you just can’t beat the convenience of a prepackaged, frozen, ready-in-5-minutes side dish, I decided to try to make my own!
Give these a shot next time you’re meal prepping or whip them together start-to-finish for dinner this week!
French-inspired variety of vegetables with Provençal flavors! Freeze these for future meals then steam from frozen in the microwave or roast in the oven after thawing!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence (or dried thyme and rosemary)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, halved & sliced
- 1 small eggplant, roughly diced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, roughly diced
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs de provence, black pepper and salt.
- Add in zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes and red onion. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- To roast from raw, spread veggies evenly on an oiled or parchment-lined sheet pan (see notes). Roast at 425°F for 25-30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Or—to prep for future meal, portion veggies into resealable containers or bags and freeze or refrigerate. To steam from frozen, microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until completely thawed and cooked through (see notes). If roasting, thaw veggies and follow instructions above.
Net carbs: 6.7g
Be sure not to overcrowd the veggies on the sheet pan or they won’t brown. If you’re cooking all the veggies at once, it’s better to use two sheet pans if you need to.
Timing will depend on your microwave and the portion size of veggies. It’s best to start with 5 minutes then continue in 1-2 minute increments until they’re cooked through and tender.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: keto sides, keto veggies, low carb recipe
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!