Curry and cauliflower are a match made in heaven—especially with warm curry spices!
This recipe can be prepped and frozen ahead of time and then steam from frozen in the microwave or thawed and roasted in the oven!
Give this recipe and the other two below a try next time you’re freezing meals (or if you’re looking for an easy side to serve with dinner this week)!
A quick and easy way to prep cauliflower and turnips with an Indian-inspired twist!
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium turnips, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- In a large bowl, mix together ghee, curry powder, cilantro and salt.
- Add in turnips and cauliflower. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- To roast from raw, spread veggies evenly on an oiled or parchment-lined sheet pan (see notes). Roast at 425°F for 25-30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Or—to prep for future meal, portion veggies into resealable containers or bags and freeze or refrigerate. To steam from frozen, microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until completely thawed and cooked through (see notes). If roasting, thaw veggies and follow instructions above.
Net carbs: 7.2g
Be sure not to overcrowd the veggies on the sheet pan or they won’t brown. If you’re cooking all the veggies at once, it’s better to use two sheet pans if you need to.
Timing will depend on your microwave and the portion size of veggies. It’s best to start with 5 minutes then continue in 1-2 minute increments until they’re cooked through.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: keto sides, keto veggies, low carb recipe
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!