A “set it and forget it” recipe for spicy, super tender buffalo shredded chicken!
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (I like Texas Pete)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add hot sauce, butter and chicken thighs to a large, nonstick pot. Cover tightly and cook over low heat for 1-1.5 hours or until tender enough to shred.
- Once cooked, turn heat to medium and shred chicken with silicone tongs while the accumulated liquid reduces (about 15 minutes). Alternatively, transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with forks while the liquid reduces.
- Once the liquid is almost entirely evaporated, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in lettuce boats, over salad, in dips or with low-carb bell pepper nachos!
Net carbs: 0g
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto shredded chicken, keto dinner ideas, low-carb chicken recipe