This tender, juicy shredded chicken is perfect for weeknight dinners or meal prep!
Eat it with salads, put it in dips, serve it in lettuce boats or maybe make your own version of a Chipotle bowl with cauliflower rice!
Best of all, this recipe can be made without a slow cooker!
A “set it and forget it” recipe for spicy, super tender buffalo shredded chicken!
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (I like Texas Pete)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add hot sauce, butter and chicken thighs to a large, nonstick pot. Cover tightly and cook over low heat for 1-1.5 hours or until tender enough to shred.
- Once cooked, turn heat to medium and shred chicken with silicone tongs while the accumulated liquid reduces (about 15 minutes). Alternatively, transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with forks while the liquid reduces.
- Once the liquid is almost entirely evaporated, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in lettuce boats, over salad, in dips or with low-carb bell pepper nachos!
Net carbs: 0g
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto shredded chicken, keto dinner ideas, low-carb chicken recipe
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!