Home » Blue Cheese & Pancetta Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This is the perfect Brussels sprouts recipe to serve family-style for dinner this week!
The combination of salty pancetta, crunchy almonds and creamy blue cheese perfectly compliments the roasted sprouts!
I use a little bit of poultry seasoning (a spice mixture of ground thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, black pepper and nutmeg—you can buy it in any grocery store) to add even more flavor to this vegetable side dish!
Feel free to swap the poultry seasoning for your favorite flavorings or spice mix—like orange zest or maybe even a low-carb BBQ rub!
Roast these Brussels sprouts closer to the bottom of your oven to make them crispier and more caramelized!
Crispy and caramelized Brussels sprouts roasted with pancetta and dotted with rich blue cheese!
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Take blue cheese out of fridge to warm up slightly. Spread diced pancetta on a sheet pan and render/roast at 425°F for 5 minutes toward the bottom of the oven.
- Meanwhile, cut Brussels sprouts in half, lengthwise.
- Remove pancetta from oven and add Brussels sprouts. Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Toss thoroughly to coat Brussels sprouts in fat and spices. Nestle Brussels sprouts face-down between pancetta so they make contact with the pan.
- Return to oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sliced almonds and roast for a final 5 minutes.
- Working quickly, transfer Brussels sprouts to a serving dish (a platter works best), crumble over blue cheese and enjoy!
Net carbs: 5.8g
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: brussels sprouts recipe, keto vegetables, keto sides
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!