2-ingredient tostada recipe that’s keto-friendly!
- ½ cup shredded, whole milk cheese (any kind)
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl, thoroughly mix egg white and cheese (30 seconds). With your hands, thinly spread/shape the mixture into equal sized circles on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove, carefully flip each tostada and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and pile on your choice of toppings (I used shredded chicken and more cheese—optionally, return to oven for 1-2 minutes to melt cheese).
- Garnish with your choice of condiments (like guacamole, sour cream, salsa or green onions) and enjoy (see notes for storage/prep tips)!
Net carbs: 1.1g
If you’re not using the tostadas right away, let cool completely then store in a resealable bag in the fridge. Before serving, reheat in a 375°F oven for 5 minutes or until crispy.
It’s best to use a meat topping that isn’t too wet. Otherwise, the tostada will become soggy (e.g. use pulled pork or pan-fried chorizo instead of something like chili).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: keto tostadas, mexican low-carb, keto dinner recipes