Jump to recipe and more…
This chicken dinner recipe is great for a couple reasons.
For starters, it only uses one pot for cooking—and the cucumber salad and peanut sauce can be served in the same bowls you prepare them in (makes cleanup a breeze)!
Second, I developed it with efficiency in mind. From start to finish, the recipe instructions are ordered so that you’re not standing around waiting or scrambling to get things done (it all comes together in about 45 minutes—and you’ll make it look easy).
I hope you enjoy it!
An asian-inspired chicken dinner that can be prepared in under an hour!
For the chicken & cauliflower rice:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- Salt to taste
For the cucumber salad:
- 2 medium English cucumbers, washed & sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar (unsweetened)
- Salt to taste
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (unsweetened)
- ½ tablespoon liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste (I use Sambal)
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons chicken bone broth/stock (or water)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rice the cauliflower using a box grater or the grater attachment on your food processor (press down hard when grating to create thicker “kernels” of cauliflower rice). Reserve.
- Season chicken thighs on each side with salt to taste. Preheat a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil then sear chicken, skin-side-down, for 8-10 minutes (skin should be golden). Flip and sear other side for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, turn heat off and add riced cauliflower to pot. Season with salt to taste and stir to coat in the remaining fat (scrape up any crispy chicken bits that stuck to the bottom of the pot).
- Top riced cauliflower with thighs (skin-side-up), transfer pot to oven and roast at 400°F for 25 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and skin is golden brown and crispy).
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumbers in half, lengthwise, and thinly slice at a sharp diagonal. Roughly chop the cilantro and toss together with cucumber, rice wine vinegar and salt to taste.
- Make the peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, liquid aminos, chili garlic paste, onion powder, black pepper and chicken bone broth/stock (or water). Mix thoroughly until combined and smooth (add more chicken broth/stock or water if you want it to be thinner).
Net carbs: 12.3g
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: keto chicken dinner, chicken thighs, low-carb recipe
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!