Sauteed kale recipe with mushrooms and lemon (not bitter).
- 1 pound whole kale, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, picked
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt (Diamond Crystal brand) or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the kale then slice (as thin as possible) and wash for a second time in cold water (this reduces bitterness). Dry on towels or in a salad spinner and reserve.
- Cook the onion, mushroom, thyme, salt and pepper in olive oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated and the mixture begins to brown slightly.
- Add the kale and cook lightly for 5-8 minutes until just wilted and tender. Add the chives, parsley and lemon juice then stir and serve immediately.
Net carbs: 6.5g for 5oz serving
If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, feel free to leave them out (maybe try adding minced garlic instead)!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sautee
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: keto kale recipe, sauteed kale, kale with mushrooms