You don’t need 15 ingredients to make stuffed peppers for dinner! In fact, this recipe only uses 6!
Flavor-packed ingredients like chorizo and chunky salsa cut down on prep without compromising on taste!
Give this simple recipe a try this week!
A super flavorful spin on classic stuffed pepper!
- 4 small bell peppers
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces raw chorizo
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese slices
- Queso for serving (optional)
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs, core and seeds.
- In a large nonstick pot, cook the chorizo over medium heat for ~3 minutes—breaking it up as it cooks. Add the ground beef and cook over medium-high heat for ~7 minutes (break it up as it cooks).
- Add the salsa and the whites of the green onion then simmer for ~5 minutes (mixture should be thick like chili).
- Oil a piece of aluminum foil that’s 6 inches longer than the casserole you’re using. Press and “crinkle” the foil into the casserole to create support for the peppers. Nestle in the halved peppers and top with half the filling mixture, followed by half the cheese slices and then the remaining filling (this creates a pocket of molten cheese after baking).
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes then remove, top with remaining cheese and bake for a final 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the tops of the green onions and, optionally, drizzle over some of your favorite queso. Enjoy!
Net carbs: 5.6g
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: keto stuffed peppers, keto dinner ideas, low carb recipe
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!