Home » Vegan Keto Chocolate Mousse
I’m a big fan of chocolate mousse, but most recipes I’ve seen call for heavy cream (not great on my stomach) or raw eggs (not ideal for texture or flavor).
There’s nothing wrong with traditional (low-carb) mousse recipes, but I wanted to develop one that was dairy-free and simple (what I came up with also turned out to be vegan).
I decided to use canned, whole coconut milk (makes the mousse smooth and airy) and low-carb dark chocolate baking chips (adds sweetness and more structure)—that’s it!
Even if you’re not vegan (I’m not), you should definitely try this recipe next time you’re craving something chocolaty and indulgent!
Pour the whipped mousse into short mason jars and freeze for future, decadent snacks (just thaw slightly before serving)!
A quick and easy keto dessert that’s dairy-free and vegan!
- 1 13.5-ounce can whole coconut milk (the thick kind—not the kind that comes in a carton)
- 1 cup (180 grams) Lily’s semi-sweet style baking chips (dark chocolate 55% cocoa)
- Thoroughly mix together ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 3-4 30-second intervals, stirring in between each interval and scraping down the sides and bottom, until melted.
- Once fully melted and mixed, cover and refrigerate for 4.5 hours (see notes for faster method) until chilled (whisking every 30 minutes or so will speed up this process).
- Once chilled, whisk vigorously for 5 minutes until light and fluffy (the longer you whisk, the lighter it gets).
- Spoon into glasses, garnish with your choice of berries and other toppings then refrigerate for 2 hours to set (highly recommended) or enjoy right away!
Net carbs: 5.6g
You can also set the warm chocolate mixture over a large bowl of ice water to cool it down more quickly (remember to whisk often).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Melting
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: keto dessert, low-carb chocolate mousse, vegan
Hey there—I’m Nate! I’m passionate about developing delicious, healthy recipes and exploring better living through low-carb, wholesome cooking! Welcome! I'm glad you're here!