Simple and delicious keto pizza sauce recipe. Use this tomato sauce for pasta recipes like spicy, creamy marinara or “pasta” puttanesca (with zoodles).
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes (check for a low-carb brand)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, pureed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (Diamond Crystal brand) or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- Sweat the onion, garlic and spices in extra virgin olive oil for 5-8 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Blend the roasted red bell peppers until smooth (if you decide to use them) then add to the onions and garlic along with the crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for at least 15 minutes (longer is even better) then serve, refrigerate or freeze.
Net carbs: 5g per 1/2 cup serving.
This recipe makes a decent-sized batch of tomato sauce, so feel free to freeze half to save for other recipes that call for marinara sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: keto pizza sauce, keto tomato sauce, keto marinara sauce