Simple keto recipe for a chilled gazpacho soup!
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled & seeded
- 10 ounces (about 3 cups) cherry tomatoes
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
- 10 ounces (about 2 cups) roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 cups unsalted chicken bone broth (or stock/broth)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- For the pickled salsa/salad: dice ⅓ of the cucumber and quarter 2 ounces (about 12) of the cherry tomatoes. Mix together with the red onion and jalapeno then season with 1 tablespoon of the white balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the gazpacho: to a blender, add the remaining cucumber and cherry tomatoes along with the roasted red bell peppers, chicken broth and tomato juice (see notes). Blend on low then increase the speed to high and blend until smooth.
- Season with the cumin, remaining 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Blend a final time and taste again for salt.
- Chill the soup for at least one hour. To serve, place a small pile of the salsa/salad in the center of a bowl along with ⅙ of the diced avocado then pour the soup around the sides. Enjoy!
Net carbs: 8.5g
If your blender isn’t large enough to fit all the gazpacho ingredients, you can reserve half the tomato juice and chicken broth then add and mix in a larger storage container once blended (you can also cut the recipe in half).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: keto gazpacho soup, low carb soup, low carb recipe