Simple keto-friendly green bean recipe with savory flavors!
- 2 large portabella mushrooms (8 ounces), thickly sliced
- 3 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 pound french green beans
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear half the sliced mushrooms for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Season lightly with salt and pepper, remove to a towel to drain and repeat with remaining mushrooms (add an additional tablespoon of oil if the pan dries up).
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan along with the garlic and rosemary. Agitate in the oil for 1-2 minutes to infuse. Add the green beans, toss to coat in the oil then allow to blister/caramelize undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Toss and leave undisturbed again for a final 3-4 minutes (beans should be colored but still a little crunchy).
- Remove the garlic and rosemary then add in the whites of the green onions. Toss to combine. Add the cooked mushrooms (along with any accumulated juice) then gently toss and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve on a large platter with the sliced mushrooms arranged on top. Garnish with the tops of the green onions and enjoy!
Net carbs: 3.7g
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: keto green bean recipe, keto side dish, low carb green beans