A new way to enjoy cauliflower rice with extra flavor!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (whites & greens separated)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium bell peppers (red & green), finely diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Turn cauliflower stem-side-up, quarter and pull out the core/stem/leaves. Break into smaller pieces then rice using the grater attachment on a food processor or a box grater (see notes).
- Add butter to a large non-stick pot and turn heat to medium-high. Once the butter is melted, add the ground pork and brown for ~7 minutes (breaking it up as it cooks).
- Turn heat to medium, add the tops of the green onions, bell peppers and garlic, then cook for ~4 minutes. Season with Old Bay and salt/pepper to taste.
- Add the riced cauliflower, cover and cook for ~4 minutes. Then uncover and cook for ~4 minutes until most of the moisture has evaporated (riced cauliflower should be tender but still firm—not mushy). Remove from heat, season one last time with salt to taste, then garnish with green onions tops and enjoy!
Net carbs: 5.8g
Grating with a food processor (as opposed to using a box grater or buying it pre-riced) creates larger, more rice-like “kernels” of cauliflower.
If you’d rather not grate your own cauliflower, you can use two 10 ounce bags of store-bought frozen cauliflower rice instead.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto dirty cauliflower rice, cauliflower rice recipe, cauli-rice