This is the BEST way to make cauliflower rice that has a texture just like the real thing!
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or 2 tablespoons of oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (Diamond Crystal brand) or to taste
Ingredients for added flavor (optional, see notes):
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or ½ tablespoon dried)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Quarter each head of cauliflower then remove cores and leaves. Cut into chunks that fit into the “chute” of your food processor lid (leave whole if using a box grater).
- Grate the cauliflower using the grater attachment on your food processor—being sure to apply a good amount of pressure when pressing the cauliflower into the blade (work in batches, see notes about freezing at this stage).
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until just tender, stirring constantly and covering the pot to slightly steam (final texture should be very similar to regular rice).
- Serve as a side or with your favorite entree!
Net carbs: 6.4g
Feel free to season the riced cauliflower with whatever you’d like depending on what recipe/cuisine you’re serving it with!
If you’re making a larger batch of cauliflower (or you don’t think you’ll eat it all for a while), it’s better to freeze the riced cauliflower when it’s still raw (more instructions below).
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: cauliflower rice, riced cauliflower, low carb recipe