Roasted broccoli and asparagus with flavors that will remind you of Caesar salad!
- 2 medium broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 16 ounces asparagus, sliced & woody stems removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan (the kind that comes in a shaker)
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos (or Worcestershire sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, dijon, parmesan, liquid aminos, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Add in broccoli and asparagus. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- To roast from raw, spread veggies evenly on an oiled or parchment-lined sheet pan (see notes). Roast at 425°F for 25-30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Or—to prep for future meal, portion veggies into resealable containers or bags and freeze or refrigerate. To steam from frozen, microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until completely thawed and cooked through (see notes). If roasting, thaw veggies and follow instructions above.
Net carbs: 6.5
Be sure not to overcrowd the veggies on the sheet pan or they won’t brown. If you’re cooking all the veggies at once, it’s better to use two sheet pans if you need to.
Timing will depend on your microwave and the portion size of veggies. It’s best to start with 5 minutes then continue in 1-2 minute increments until they’re cooked through.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: keto sides, keto veggies, low carb recipe